Thursday, August 14, 2008

The MacBook Pro is HOT, HOT, HOT!

My MacBook Pro is hot, hot, hot! And I mean hot as in boiling hot. I love my new Macbook Pro but the thing runs terribly hot.

Two areas get exceedingly hot: the bottom towards the back and front panel right under the screen. I cannot use it as a laptop with shorts, I'd burn my legs!

I've checked with others and I am not alone (this is not an example of a single faulty product). Its ashame because its about the only thing I don't like about the Macbook Pro.

True my old Dell Latitude ran hot and many other notebooks do as well, but frankly I can't believe how hot this Macbook gets. I am afraid to leave it lying on the couch "on" (obviously shutting the lid puts it to asleep and it cools quickly).

Nothing is perfect, so I live with it.

No comments: